Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Community Service Hours: Open House

GCE Lab School, (LD), 2018
This year, I've been to 2 open house events for GCE. The first time, I helped pack folders with information about GCE and I presented one of my favorite APs to the family's that came in. I had a lot of fun talking about my AP and answering questions about the school because I got to have a more personal connection to each family. The second time I went to an open house event, I was a tour guide and I showed families around the school and asnwered any questions they had. I learned how to public speak and how to present myself in a professional way while presenting my AP. I made a difference for others by showing the families that GCE is an option for their children and that GCE is a one in a life time opportuntiy for your kids to be challenged in school. This expeirence has impacted future volunteer work because I now know how to present myself at a open house event. I plan to share my experience with others through my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment