Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

You Have 12 Hours to Create A Business... GO!

This unit in Endurance, we learned about mental and physical endurance as well as people who had endured a challenge in their life. Mental endurance is having perseverance through a challenge that affects the brain, or how you think. Physical endurance is having perseverance through a challenge that affects the body. We found our personal mission and thought about how we will achieve that mission. During the journey to completing that mission, I will have to face many challenges that I will have to endure to achieve my ultimate goal. In class, we learned about multiple people who went on to complete a personal goal and had to endure a physical/and or mental challenge. Laura Dekker is a perfect example of a person who undergoes a mission and encounters troubles that she must endure. Laura Dekker was the youngest person to circumnavigate the world alone at the age of 14. During Laura's journey, she faced many battles within herself as well with the oceans. One physical challenge she faced was after a strong storm passed through and destroyed certain parts of her boat. She had to take a break and fix her sailboat to continue her mission. The purpose of this action project is to taste what your mission feels like by working on it for at least 12 hours. If you are passionate about your mission, it's time to dive in and be held accountable for achieving your dreams. For this Action Project, I decided to focus on creating a freelance business for myself so I can ultimately professionalize my art for potential clients. During the 12 hours of creating my business, I first started with creating a business card and professionalizing my Instagram and create a website on Wix. Surprisingly, my aunt had an event she wanted me to film a promotional video for her organization that weekend. I had to prepare by picking up tripods and microphones and preparing questions for interviews. The day of the event was extremely tiring in the best way. I woke up early to go to the place the event was held, I set up the cameras for b-roll and interviews and was ready. During the event, I met a lot of small business owners and exchanged business cards with them in hopes of creating connections. Throughout the challenge, I was constantly reminded of Elie from the book Night. Although Elie, had to face a much bigger challenge that was forced on him and his family, I was reminded that one must have perseverance during a challenge. After the third day of the challenge, I had lost my interest and passion for creating the business, but I knew I had to keep going.   The 12-hour challenge was a bit difficult, but I definitely achieved my goal and I have already gotten in contact with potential clients! Below is my Vlog and Vlog planner for the 12-hour challenge enjoy!
                                                 Vlog Planner, (LD), 2019, Issuu                                                        Vlog, (LD), 2018, Wevideo

No comments:

Post a Comment